Tuesday 15 October 2013

Unsaid Goodbye

Seeing her pass by on that sunday morning,

''Hi! It's been a while, How have you been?", this was how our fire of friendship started burning,

Timeless moments of thrilling chats,
Catching funs through walking paths,
As if nature expected each moment,
Such connection could only be ancient,

Standing by boring T-Junctions,
On streets where quietness & loneliness were their options,

The flowers bloom, the land became green,
All is now perfect, but an incident was unforeseen,

How the night would sleep and my desires awakened with the thoughts of her innocent attitude, spreading softness into my heart,

How I would hope every moment, wishing she would read her devotionals and the book I gave her,

And when every thing became so small, when the storm of boredom stilled,
Raging sea was calm, then I was so relaxed and unprepared,

Innocent me, there I was, in some GCE centre, babysitting my grown up sister that wasn't even seen for some couple of hours,

In the interim, she did came home, banging at our gate, with the hope of hearing me yell typically; "who is that now?", alas! Her sight was disappointed and her countenance lowered, my old man(papa) came out, informed her about my absence,

Unknowing to him that it was her way of saying goodbye, some thoughts ran through her mind, so this is how we part... Now if I was home; I could have helped her with some luggages to the junction, I could have seen her well and take a shot of her as a souvenir on my phone.. But, she left,

Distance betrayed us,
Crippled by fixed schedules,
Betrayed by a 'thursday' that would come again,
Left me stranded at this junction once again,
Made me a poet that write his pain,
The 'goodbye' she didn't say, laid the burdens upon her,
Like a river time carried her away,
Like a rose, some words, when held, whithers to grey.
Her lips are still filled with unsaid goodbyes... I hope she'll return soon and restore back the color she stole from our rainbows.


Written by:
Nameless Calvary

No comments:

Post a Comment